Are you ticking the right digital marketing boxes i.e. plan, CRM, website, content, SEO, social media, email marketing, smartphones and advertising? Increasingly, the boxes are connected. Here is a digital marketing checklist to get you started:
Digital marketing strategy plan
The digital marketing plan should include:
* Sales targets
* Target markets
* Online promotional mix
* Metrics (including analytics)
A digital marketing plan includes an integrated approach to online brand awareness, customer acquisition and retention.
It sees things from the customers’ perspective, as marketing always has done. The perspective, however, has changed with the new ways in which consumers and business decision makers research and buy products and services.
* Has a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system been chosen and deployed?
* Have all customer facing staff been trained to use the CRM?
* Which cloud based marketing apps and services connect with our CRM?
* Are we using our CRM every day?
* When was our website last updated?
* Is our website optimised for mobile devices?
* How many sales leads / sales do we receive from our website every day / week / month?
* Does the website navigation bar still make sense?
* Do we have an uncluttered homepage?
* Is the website content easy to read?
* Does Google like our website?
* How often do we publish new content?
* Do we have an up-to-date understanding of Search Engine Optimisation?
* Do we have an SEO strategy?
* With regards to SEO, what are we measuring?
* What are our SEO results?
* Do we have a social media strategy and plan?
* Which social media platforms are we focusing on?
* How often do we post original content within each platform?
* Do we use social media metrics?
* How many opt-in subscribers do we have?
* How often do we send out newsletters?
* What are our open and click through rates?
* Do we have a mobile first digital marketing strategy?
* How do customers interact with our website when they use a mobile device?
* How are we catching and keeping customer’s attention via smartphones?
* Which paid for online advertising platforms are we using?
* Is our online advertising strategy effective?
* How much do we budget each month for online advertising?
* What is our CPC (Cost Per Click)?
* What is our CPA (Cost Per Acquisition)?
* How can we improve results in this area?
* Do we have a marketing automation strategy?
* Have we deployed software for sales lead nurturing, scoring and lifecycle management?
* Can our software help with cross-selling, up-selling and customer loyalty?
Additional digital marketing checklist questions
* What is working?
* What isn’t working?
* How can it be improved?
* Current cost of customer acquisition
* Target customer acquisition cost
* Do we have a digital marketing learning strategy?
* Should we get some impartial advice / training?
Digital marketing is a vast subject and I have been thinking about it whilst I have been rebuilding my Digital Marketing Consultant page.
If you need some help, you are welcome to get in touch with me.