What is branding? Why is it so important?
Your brand is your business, seen from the customer’s perspective.
Successful brands are based on strong values.
Branding helps your customers to remember you and choose your products or services by name.
Here is a video where I talk about branding:
Branding includes your visual identity, i.e. your logo, company colours and typeface.
Branding also includes:
* The thickness of your business card
* How many times the phone rings, before a human being answers it
* How quick off the mark you are to respond to questions and enquiries
* Where you appear within Google organic search results
* The impression that your website gives, within the first 3 seconds of looking at it
* What people are saying about you in conversation and within the social media
* The number of times that your target markets hear / see your brand name
* The emotional reaction that occurs, when someone encounters your brand
* The ability of dormant, current & prospective customers to describe what you do
* The clarity of your brand proposition, positioning and identity
* The behaviour of the business owner, management and every member of staff
* The extent and depth of your promotional mix
* The stories that customers tell about you
* Your writing ability
* The images you use
* Your attention to detail