Don’t immediately dive into the deep end with your marketing.
Take some time to think about your marketing strategy.
Who has overall responsibility for your marketing strategy?
Who provides them with advice and feedback?
Will you do everything yourself or will you outsource certain activities?
Will you have a marketing budget? Do you stick to it, or spend as required?
Who will create and manage your website?
Who will write, edit and proof-read all of your marketing words?
Who will keep your social media accounts up-to-date and look out for comments and feedback there?
Marketing strategy review – 17 questions
When was the last time you reviewed your marketing strategy? Here are 17 questions to ask yourself:
1. Do you have an up-to-date marketing strategy and plan?
2. Do you have clear objectives?
3. How do you stand out from the crowd?
4. Are you segmenting your customers?
5. What are your competitors doing? How should you react?
6. Does your market positioning need to change?
7. Do you have new products / services in development?
8. Are you pricing correctly?
9. What is your geographical footprint?
10. How do you communicate with customers throughout the buying cycle?
11. How could you get more customers to come to you?
12. Do you have an integrated digital marketing strategy?
13. Are you taking advantage of the revolution in smartphone usage?
14. Does your marketing budget need reviewing?
15. Is your website working for you?
16. What are you measuring, with regards to sales and marketing?
17. Are your marketing results improving?
Nigel Temple offers a strategic marketing review service.