I am busy marketing consultant, trainer, speaker and author. My wife and I have four (grown up) children, one house, one garden and our own business.
My email inbox is empty (again). My diary is packed with appointments. My office bin is full.
Here is my philosophy of dealing with the huge flow of emails, social media interactions, post and telephone calls that I receive:
* Answering the phone within 4 rings
* Calls are answered by a human being, not a machine
* Appropriate action always taken after each in-bound call
* Answering emails swiftly, i.e. within 1 hour of receipt
(and quite often within 30 seconds)
* Keeping a clear email inbox
* Filing emails, so that they can be found easily
* Dealt with promptly (see ‘DAFT’, below)
* Responding quickly to social media comments, mentions etc
You are welcome to connect with me here: https://twitter.com/nigeltemple
* Using a CRM every business day
* All contacts are in one place: the CRM
* Answered swiftly, i.e. within 1 hour
* Appropriate information captured within the CRM
* Sending quotes / proposals promptly
* Follow-up system in place
* Confirm location, start and finish time, attendees etc by email
* Turning up on time
* Focusing on the agenda (and not wandering off it)
* Finishing on time
* Politeness is important, at all times
* Remaining calm also helps
An acronym that may help you (it certainly helps me!)
* Delegate (if it is someone else’s problem)
* Action (do something about it)
* File (so that you can actually find it, but why not…)
* Throw (…it in the bin or delete it)
What would you add to this list?
Written by marketing consultant, trainer, speaker and author Nigel Temple.
3,000+ clients over a 30 year period.
Nigel is available for hire as a marketing consultant, marketing trainer or marketing speaker.
Join the marketing conversation within The Marketing Compass community.
Attend a marketing strategy meeting for free: click here.
Talk to Nigel 1-2-1 in a meeting or via Skype about your marketing: www.navigatorplus.co.uk