As a marketer, do you find yourself increasingly working with software? This may include your CRM (Customer Relationship Management system); CMS (the Content Management System for your website); email marketing systems such as MailChimp; and marketing software tools.
Do you enjoy working with software? If from time-to-time you feel like throwing your computer out of the window (the French have a word for this: defenestration), here are some ideas for you:
* For the important software that you will be using regularly, invest in professional training.
* When you get stuck, take a break, even if it is only for 10 minutes. It is surprising how different approaches can come to mind, when you are not focused on the problem.
* Find someone who is good with software who can help you.
* YouTube can be very helpful, if someone has posted a solution to your problem.
* Many software platforms offer online chat support for paying customers. I have found these to be very helpful; they can usually email you a transcript of the discussion.
* Learn some HTML via W3Schools.
* Spend a higher proportion of your time learning, as opposed to fixing problems (which never seem to end, do they?)
* If all else fails, find a good window fitter.