Following on from Part 1 of How to generate new ideas for content marketing / blogs
….here are 14 more ways to produce new ideas for content marketing / blogs:
15. Can you write about seasonal or cyclical issues?
16. Ask your customers what they would like you to write about.
17. Write about trends within your industry / sector / niche.
18. Think about technology: there is probably a story there.
19. Human interest always attracts readers.
20. Study your blogs stats (i.e via Google Analytics). What are the popular topics?
21. Run a survey and write about the results.
22. Scrutinise your blog categories – what could you add?
23. Read your blog tags out loud.
24. Could you combine two previous blog topics and create a new blog?
25. Analyse your website / blog search box (i.e. for interesting keywords / phrases).
26. Have a content marketing plan, stretching a whole year ahead.
27. Read a cross section of blogs from other industries and countries.
28. Use creative thinking techniques (would it help to hire a creative thinking trainer?)
The more frequently you blog, the easier it gets. One idea sparks other ideas. The hardest part is getting started.
Photograph © Nigel Temple