For many of us, copywriting is just part of what we do. Marketing professionals often write some copy, i.e. a blog and social media content, as well as the text for printed collateral. Business owners usually write the words for their websites, as well as newsletters, e-shots, social media, advertisements and the countless other items which require ‘marketing words’.
During my 30 years (so far!) as a marketing consultant, trainer and speaker I have found that many business people are somewhat uncomfortable when it comes to writing. Here are some tips which may help.
1. Begin your day by writing 150 words. Do this before you open your emails!
2. Write every morning for the next 21 business days. This will help you to get into the habit of writing.
3. When you write the first draft, don’t edit your work. Just write. Come back later and review your words.
4. Keep a (paper) notebook with you at all times. Use it to jot down ideas.
5. Read books. (Professional writers are avid readers).
6. Find a mentor who is good with English. Ask them if they would give you some feedback on your copy.
7. Read books on copywriting, as well as online tips and advice.
Originally posted within www.copywritingtraining.pro
I wish you well with you writing!