A question that I regularly get asked is “How to get a book into print?” Here is a process for getting your first book into print:
1. Write down the reader profile that you are aiming at.
2. Write down the core proposition of the book (“this book will solve problem XXX”).
3. Check Amazon / bookshops etc to see what’s already out there.
4. Do your best to ensure that your book doesn’t have too much competition.
5. Write at least 10 book titles and select the best one.
6. Write chapter outlines (10 chapters is perfect).
7. Write the first chapter.
8. Submit a book proposal to 10 relevant publishers, via their websites.
9. Start writing your book / continue writing it. Give yourself a daily word count
to achieve at least 25,000 words within three to six months.
10. Whilst you are awaiting responses from publishers(!), investigate self-publishing.
You are welcome to ask questions about how to get a book into print or becoming an author (or any other marketing topic!) via: www.marketingcompass.co.uk