* Fill in / update your Twitter profile. Make it interesting!
* Include a photograph of yourself looking at the camera and smiling (alternatively, for a business, use your logo).
* Follow more people (quite a few will follow you back).
* Ensure that Twitter opens up, first thing in the morning, within your internet browser
* Tweet every day, at least six times *gasp*.
* ReTweet interesting Tweets (this counts as a Tweet, in its own right).
* A business should Tweet about its ‘professional knowledge’, i.e. your area of expertise.
* Write a blog at least once a week within your website and share it, via Twitter. Here are some blogging tips.
* Use a URL (web page address) shortening service such as http://bitly.com or http://goo.gl so that you can fit long URLs into your Tweets. Insert the (shortened) link after about four or five words (as you will get more clicks).
* URL shortening services also provide metrics – so that you can see how many people have clicked on your links.
* Within Twitter, click on @Connect in order to see who is mentioning you. Respond to these mentions.
* Install the Twitter App within your smartphone and use this on a daily basis.
* Check the profiles of new Followers and then thank them (via a public Tweet). Include a question, i.e. “What’s your top #coaching tip” (if they are a coach).
* Use #hashtags. By putting the # symbol in front of a word, it makes it clickable, within Twitter. People can click on hashtags to find things which interest them.
* Share interesting items which you find on the internet (i.e. by using share buttons).
* Read and then re-read each Tweet, before you press Send.
* Don’t use automated systems to send Tweets. We’ll know that you are a machine.
* Promote your Twitter account, i.e. within your email signature, website, business cards etc.
* Join The Marketing Compass and ask social media questions.
* Finally – you can’t bore people into following you. Be interesting and responsive.
Follow Nigel on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nigeltemple
Nigel Temple is a social media consultant, speaker and trainer. He shows business owners, professionals and teams how to get better results from social media – including brand awareness, website traffic and sales enquiries. To find out more about Nigel’s services email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joanna on +44 (0)1628 773128.
He welcomes media enquiries about social media / digital marketing. He has appeared within the national press and broadcast media.
Nigel is the founder of The Marketing Compass – join thousands of business owners, tell us about your business and ask some marketing questions!