During my career, I have launched many businesses and I have advised thousands of startups. Many people have a desire to begin their own business. In addition, established businesses launch new companies all the time. There is something Darwinian about the whole process: a veritable horde of enterprises are launched each year. Few of them survive to see their 3rd birthday. Clearly, the daunting statistics don’t put people off. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. You will learn a great deal.
2. You will sharpen your creative thinking skills.
3. You will learn about marketing (a transferable skill), no matter how much you already know about this subject.
4. As the Hindu proverb says: “Patience is the only strength you will ever need.” Successful entrepreneurs know a great deal about patience.
5. You will improve your delegation skills. (You can’t do it all, can you?)
6. You will discover that money flows out of a startup like water from a fireman’s hose.
7. If you’re looking for excitement, believe me, launching a startup is an exciting experience.
Oh yes, I nearly forgot:
8. If it all works out you can become fabulously rich, beyond the dreams of avarice.
Here is some Startup marketing advice.
Also see: Act like a startup.
Join the marketing conversation within The Marketing Compass community – a great place for startups.