Is writing part of your work? Do you enjoy writing or do you find it a struggle? Writing can make a significant difference to your sales and marketing results.
For example, content marketing (based on having a regular blog), can bring the search engines to your website.
Having original content gives you something to share within the social media.
However, fitting in the writing can be a challenge, can’t it?
I know that you are busy, so here are 3 quick writing tips for you.
1. The first tip is to decide on the important writing tasks. An e-book? A published book? A regular blog? Pages for your website? Something else?
Make writing a habit
2. For the year ahead, commit to writing every business day.
The best time to write is early in the morning – before the phone starts to ring and those urgent emails start to arrive. Once you start to deal with emails, customers and colleagues you can forget about ‘getting the writing done’.
Write something every day. Even if it is only a few words.
Write fast don’t edit
3. Write quickly. Don’t try to edit and write at the same time.
Bad writing is often the child of poor thinking. Take the time to decide on your objectives, think about your target audience and plan your writing. One way of sharpening your skills in this area is Mind Mapping.
You can then build the structure, produce the copy and edit your work.
Spend some time…
* Reading about your chosen subject
* Reflecting on the issues involved
* Making notes and jotting down ideas
* Deciding what your key messages are
Here are some of my blogs on copywriting: