How many software platforms / systems do you use? For example: database / CRM (Customer Relationship Management system); accounts system; website(s); landing pages; social media communities; email marketing.
How many of these ‘talk to’ each other?
This is how it could work:
* A potential customer searches for a product / service that you provide
* They find one of your website pages
* They join your MailChimp newsletter
* MailChimp ‘talks to’ your CRM and auto-populates a new record
* MailChimp starts sending a sequence of pre-written emails to the potential customer
There are numerous benefits of this approach. All of the information is in the right place. The customer receives a rapid response from you. Changes in one place (i.e. your CRM) auto update information in other places (your emailing marketing list).
My advices is to build bridges between your software platforms.
Photograph © copyright Nigel Temple