1. Start with objectives. What sort of clients are you trying to talk to? How many clients do you want? Where are they located? This information should be in your marketing plan. In fast changing times, you may be wondering whether marketing plans are a waste of time? A concise, written plan will help you to clarify your thinking. It will serve as the foundation for your promotional activities, including Linkedin sales and marketing.
2. Revisit your Profile and see it from your clients’ perspective. Here are some LinkedIn profile tips. Include relevant key words / key word phrases within your Profile. When potential clients search for these terms, the keywords will help you to be found.
3. Publish articles regularly within LinkedIn. Clients often ask me: “What should I write about?” This article on content marketing may help. Write interesting, up-to-date material. Always include an image within your articles. Share them within relevant LinkedIn Groups and via other social media platforms i.e. Twitter. If you are not a writer or don’t have the time to write, call me on 01628 773128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss my copywriting services.
4. It is important to guard your ‘reputation capital‘. Has your LinkedIn network recommended you for appropriate Skills?
5. In addition to Skills, do you have a solid list of Recommendations? Are they the right ones? They matter, as prospective clients will check them out.
6. LinkedIn should open up automatically within your web browser, every morning….
7. ….which means that you will be ‘nudged’ to check contact requests, mentions and messages. It is important to react quickly to these. Respond to prospective clients when they engage with you within LinkedIn. This can be done via a LinkedIn message, an email or a telephone call. Be open, professional and helpful.
8. Keep up-to-date with the ever changing functionality of LinkedIn. Have you and your colleagues ever had any LinkedIn training?
9. Gradually expand your network by connecting with potential clients. You should also connect with members of their network.
10. Measure your results and keep learning.
If you would like to find out about my LinkedIn training, coaching and consultancy services, email me via email@example.com or call me on 01628 773128. From outside of the UK, call: +44 1628 773128.